Sunday, January 9, 2011

Song of the Day, 1/8/11 -- Doozo Yoroshiku Edition

I hope to get to the point where I actually post on the correct day and give this slightly more thought ahead of time.

So a few weeks ago I was talking with my friend Amanda, about folk and bluegrass music and banjos (did you know Steve Martin plays the banjo? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gnr9xkJbfhY).

Anyways, somehow because of this conversation I ended up watching most of the videos in this Youtube channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/pappyredux). Like, whoa. I hope that someday, videos from Late Night with Whoever seem as like, charming and strange as these videos seem to me.


So anyways, today you get Bobby Troup doing Sweet Georgia Brown on Japanese television. Dig this attempt at Japanese!




Bonus Track:

Tex Williams - That's What I Like About the West

"You can prove that you're a man drinking fruit juice from a can!"



I also like the schitzo fiddles during the first chorus, and the slide guitar int he second chorus.

No comments:

Post a Comment