Monday, January 10, 2011

Song of the Day, 1/10/11

So Sebadoh popped up in my Zune recommendations a couple months ago -- a band I had completely forgotten about (and so have you) and that you'll instantly recognize when you hear it.

The real music video for Ocean has embedding disabled (are you out there label wanks?? I hate you.) and there are tons of old TV live versions - but I specifically wanted to link to the album version of the song.



You can watch the super 90s alt-ed out music video here if you want.



Anyways, I'm linking this because I was listening to this song (and album) on the bus this morning, and damn, this is just one of those great sounding tracks. I love the riff at the beginning, how it sounds good on its own right and how the song just gets HUGE when the other instruments come in... pretty much immediately.

Let's not forget the lyrics - such a perfect example of rambling 90s song writing. You know you were dancing around in your room listening to this pretending you really 'got it' and that it 'spoke to you'. It's okay, I was too.

No comments:

Post a Comment