Sunday, January 30, 2011

Song of the Day, 1/30/11

I'm not even going to pretend that I'm not bad at doing this daily. Not today.

Most of you probably know about my obsession with becoming a fiddle player (note: not that I've had any time to play the fiddle lately), and with bluegrass-roots music.



But did you know about my obsession with Peter, Bjorn, and John? This song was super popular in Europe when I was there in 2007. I went to Valencia with my boyfriend at the time, right after I decided I wasn't going to go back to grad school, right before I had found a job, exactly when I was broke as fuck. I spent the first day of the trip (he was too busy to hang out with me) watching MTV and waiting for this song to come back on.

It was sad. Eventually after some friends back home yelled at me, I left the hotel, and had one of the best vacations of my life (alone!)


anyways. I love it when my obsessions combine.

No comments:

Post a Comment