Saturday, January 15, 2011

Song of the Day 1/15/11

Well hello!

Have you noticed how the posts on Thursday are very well thought out, more timely, and more interesting than the other days? That's because I (Emily) am not doing them!! My friend Stephen really wanted to help out in the the song a day project, so he is covering Thursday. Credit where credit is due! He is rad, you will be getting rad songs from him.

So I have missed two days of this so far, out of the 13 days I've been responsible for. Oops. I've been busy. My band, Lawndree, had a show on Friday night. Today's song of the day is from one of the bands we played with, who I really enjoyed, called the Ascetic Junkies:



Their live show is excellent, they have sort of a country-ish vibe (maybe only because the banjo cuts straight through, which I mean as a compliment!) but they throw in some rad synth hooks! Banjo + vocal harmonies + synth hooks = love.


I thought they put on an excellent set and would go see them again, but I was really disappointed they didn't bother to learn my band's name and ask their crowd to stay for us (and they didn't.) Sad times! Too bad your music is so good, otherwise, blood feud.

No comments:

Post a Comment