Thursday, January 27, 2011

Song of the day 1/27/2011

Truly - Blue Flame Ford

Ball locked for MULTIBALL! Lots of songs of the day today.



This is the first song on Fast Stories… From Kid Coma by Truly, a critical smash that sold about a dozen copies. Ever late to the party I found a second-hand copy of this CD in 1999. It was very cheap, even for a used CD. To this day it’s the greatest ratio of “entertainment I’ve enjoyed” to “money I have spent”.

Truly reformed in 2008 and played a show in Seattle (at, I think, Sugar). I brought four friends with me and part way through the second song they decided this psychedelic, shoe-gazing space rock wasn’t for them and they left. It cost a small fortune to get home by cab and it was entirely worth it.


I love the echoing guitar intro. I always try to make my guitar do that whenever I play with a delay pedal. To the delight of no one.

No comments:

Post a Comment