Thursday, May 5, 2011

Song of the Day 5/5/2011

Some accents work well for rock music, some might even make the music sound more "authentic", for some reason one that works in my head is a Scottish accent. Thinking about it, that probably says more about the state of my mind than it does about music so let’s not pursue this line of inquiry any further.

For whatever reason I've been listening to a lot of scotch* music over the last few weeks, probably the best record that fits into this category is Guide For The Daylight Hours by Ballboy, which is magnificent from start to finish. I love the first song, so I dug around on YouTube for a version to post here and found a lovely 2007 recording from New York. The first two minutes are funny story that turns into an explanation of the song.

Ballboy – Avant Garde Music



  • That line "I wish the queen would leave me alone" has bothered me for ages – I'm delighted that this recording explains it.
  • More guitar players should wear ties – I might start doing this.
  • Never read YouTube comments about anything for any reason.

*Yeah, I know

No comments:

Post a Comment