Friday, May 20, 2011

Song of the Day 5/19/2011

I love The Hold Steady, but their last record was …meh. I’m assuming this is because of the loss of Franz Nicolay and his amazing moustache. Whatever the reason, I have a gap must be filled by too many smart lyrics yelled over crunchy guitar riffs.

Oh well would you look at this:



It’s Titus Andronicus, I got their 2008 record The Airing Of Grievances, which is good and has at least one amazing song on it:



But I found that the distortion/overdrive/supersaturation of the vocals made it really hard to listen to the record all the way through, and I’m delighted they seemed to have stopped doing that on the new(er) stuff.

Hey - there’s a lady in in the band, but she’s not playing bass. Clearly they have not read the Official Rules of Indie Rock (that’s Amy Klein, you should follow her on Twitter @AmyAndronicus and read this interview with her: http://guitareste.com/2011/05/05/interview-amy-klein/)

No comments:

Post a Comment