Sunday, May 15, 2011

Song of the Day, 5/15/2011

Okay, I know I've made several Fleet Foxes posts since their album Helplessness Blues came out a few weeks ago, and hopefully - HOPEFULLY - I'll get sick of it soon and this one will be the last.



But I can't help but post this song as the song of the day, since I've been listening to it nonstop. They lyrics are an anthem for everyone in their 20s trying to figure things out, especially in the middle of this recession - the desperation to be a part of something larger seems tangibly greater now for most of us.

That's not the real reason I've been so nonstop about this song though.

That moment comes at exactly 2:30 - the moment where the harmony breaks and all of the voices are unexpectedly in unison - "Why should I wait for anyone else?".



It rips at me each time. That's the moment of clarity from the confusion. And it's so unexpected, every time I listen to the damn song.

No comments:

Post a Comment