Friday, May 13, 2011

Song of the day 5/12/2011

[This was all revved up and ready to go last night, on time and under budget as always but there were some weird issues with Blogger and I couldn’t post. I’m using the opening paragraph of this entry to complain about that.]

Frank Black – Headache.


I’m exhausted. Today was long and eventful, there was music and talking, also bug fixing and early morning exercise. Thoughts on going to the gym first thing in the morning: you get to feel smug about having already worked out, but you also get to feel bonefuckingtired all day long – your mileage may vary especially if you’re healthier than I am (which, statistically speaking, you definitely are).

I’ve always really liked this song, and it always reminds me of the first time I heard it – in my friend Dave’s room in college. Then, as now, Dave drank a lot of tea from massive mugs. We later discovered that each of these mugs could hold an entire bottle of dead cheap white wine, and we put this to good use in between learning physics and watching “I Am Weasel”. I miss Dave – I wish unlikely circumstances would bring him, as they did me, to Seattle.

No comments:

Post a Comment