Saturday, March 5, 2011

Song of the Day, 3/5/11

BOAT "Children of the Revolution" (T-Rex) Hiss Like Your Idols from Magic Marker on Vimeo.



Today in dudes I had a crush on in high school....

It makes me feel good sometimes that these guys are still like, cool, you know? That I was a decent judge of awesome when I was 16. (Even if I wasn't a good judge of 'available' back at 16. The guy I had a bad crush on was a few years older, and somewhat legendarily ended up getting married during that period of time. Alas!)

Anyways, BOAT wasn't a band back then, the band I used to go see whenever possible was called Lands Farther East. Youtube isn't old enough to remember them, the best evidence I have of their existence is their long abandoned myspace page, a 7", some 1" buttons so old they're rusted over, and a Three Imaginary Girls review that mostly focuses on how cute they all were.


Most of you that I know probably know that back in that era, I collected show fliers (I wanted to have one for every show I went to - to REM-MEM-BAH THEM FOR-EV-AH!!!!) but I also collected tons of other stuff too - including LOTS of 1" buttons (my favorites!), some stickers, photos, hand bills, one bracelet, and one pillowcase.

Would an inventory of this stuff be interesting? I always have daydreamed of showing my show poster collection in a gallery or something someday, but I have a feeling that showing (mostly one other person's) art won't make me famous or get me in the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment