Thursday, March 10, 2011

Song of the Day. 3/10/11

I don’t listen to a lot of contemporary music. I listen to tons of music that is new to me, but the new stuff I like seems to be shoegaze and indie rock from the mid 90s, my ears were full of Slayer and Machine Head at that time so I’m a bit behind. I hope this explains the lack of brand-new, hot-wax music in my posts.

I was going to post A Good Idea by Sugar today but the article about violence against women in the Decemberists’ songs added some conflict to me raving about how much I love a song about a guy drowning a lady. So I need to do more thinking if I’m going to post that.

Instead, because it has rained for what seems like a million straight days in Seattle, I’m posting a song that reminds me of summer - sort of reassurance to myself that there is such a thing as “summer” and the grey will dissipate eventually: “Remember this song? There was sun and tequila and the deadlines weren’t so pressing – that could happen again!”.

Silkworm – Treat the New Guy Right

No comments:

Post a Comment