Saturday, March 26, 2011

Song of the Day, 3/26/2011



Sorry people, I am way behind on songs of the day. and on some SxSW highlight posts I've been planning.

I've been listening to a lot of the Head and the Heart record this week - being at SxSW and not making music has lit a huge fire for making music - and even though I've almost lost my voice from allergies and a cold - singing along to this record has been making me really happy in situations that just sort of aren't.

Harmony isn't just a sound, it's a feeling - in the back of your throat, inside of your head. I always wonder if people who don't sing know that, experience that, or if it could make them as happy as feeling that vibration makes me.




Oh, one SxSW related item: One of my favorite moments of SxSW was discovering, at 3:30am the Rad Bus parked outside of a Wendy's, powering a bunch of amps off of engine power, and some really cool fucking bands just rocking out. But it was 3:30am, we were all kind of drunk, and tired, and I don't think we figured out which bands they actually were. Apparently they were a Stranger favorite too, they have band names and a little more context than my drunk ass was able to figure out that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment