Wednesday, March 30, 2011

SoTD 3/29/11 - James Blake's The Wilhelm Scream



My first post to the blog and I'm late... You won't tell on me, will you?

Today it's the official James Blake video for "The Wilhelm Scream." I hadn't heard of him before we saw him at SXSW and I'm not sure I would have appreciated his artistry as much if I'd only heard recordings. When I listen to the song now I can remember how it felt to be at the show - the entire audience was entranced. I remember thinking to myself "I like this music! I should express it with movement in some way!" but nothing seemed right so I just sat still and watched and listened. I'm listening to it right now and it's still difficult to do anything other than absorb the sounds.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I was listening to this record at work today and I completely lost focus on anything that I was supposed to be doing. It's like staring into the bottom of a well in the best way possible.

    Lucky for me I had a whole scrum team pile into my cube to pull me out of it.

    ReplyDelete