Thursday, April 7, 2011

Song of the day 4/7/2011

It is very important that you buy the first British Sea Power record “The Decline of British Sea Power” and listen to it over and over again.

I remember buying this and Dance of Death by Iron Maiden at Sonic Boom in Capitol Hill one evening in 2003, then things get fuzzy. There was a pub quiz, at which I don’t think we (and I don’t remember who “we” were) did very well also there was the lager – this was uncommonly, shockingly, deviously strong and the drunkenness sneaked up on me without my consent. At some point I got home (still carrying the CDs) and thought “I’ll just lie on the floor for a bit, before I go to bed” (nope, no idea). Around 7am I woke up, ran a few self-assessment tests and decided that I would not be going into work that day.

Instead I spent the next few hours recovering and listening to this.

British Sea Power – Something Wicked



Dance of Death didn’t get much of a look-in, it’s not a great Iron Maiden album – in fact there’s some disturbingly right-wing ideas expressed on it. Another painful step on transition from “liking metal” to “liking indie".

No comments:

Post a Comment