Sunday, April 3, 2011

Song of the Day, 4/3/11

Oh hey! First post of April!

Sorry, I've been kind of overwhelmed the last few days with the latest Seattle Rock Orchestra concert (which, was probably one of my favorites to date) and an overdue trip up to Bellingham.



I found this record in my old closet. I kind of forgot about this one. (oops.)

I was so moved by this record the first time I heard it years and years ago, and I wonder what happened that made me give up entirely on music like this. Falling in and out of love, with people and with sounds, what made me start getting obsessed with the artificiality of electronic noises, and start chasing the honesty of folk bands filled with sad voices and acoustic guitars.

If I can piece it together, I'll tell you. But for now, I'm back where I started, haunted by a critical mass of strings and where they can move you. And drop you.



So let's lie on the floor tonight, drink some cheap wine, and listen to Godspeed until it feels like the whole world is spinning around you. I promise it's a really great idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment