Saturday, April 23, 2011

Song of the Day, 4/23/2011

While we were down at SxSW last month, one of the bands we watched for about half a song was The Belle Brigade. I posted a photo, misspelled their name (oops!), and we moved on. I described them as excessively earnest (they were!), but in a landscape full of folk bands, we wanted to see something else.


Even though we walked out on them, I'm back in Seattle, my endless quest for honesty and sweetness continues. I downloaded their record anyways last week, it's just on the edge of spring time, and I can't stop singing along to this track.



I just fell in love.



We spent some time over brunch today talking about mandolins (so hot right now) (plus I want one) (and I played on a beautiful one today - $1600!!) and this folk rock moment we're all stuck in, and tried to figure out how much longer it's going to last (long enough to invest in a mandolin?)

I don't think it matters because I'm not sick of it yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment