Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Song of the Day, 4/6/11

Stars | A Take Away Show from La Blogotheque on Vimeo.



A beautiful version of one of my favorite songs (Your Ex-Lover is Dead). The album "Set Yourself On Fire" came out in 2004, and I discovered it in spring of 2005, not long before I left for Lincoln. After breaking up with my college boyfriend, I used to listen to this record and had this elaborate fantasy in my head about how bumping into him would somehow be like this song.

There'd be snow. It'd be the bitter, dry, bone chilling cold (......................that we don't have in Seattle.) There would be taxis, frosted streetlights, maybe a car wreck. "I'm not sorry I met you, I'm not sorry it's over, I'm not sorry there's nothing to say."

Really, this song ended up being much more about me from 2005-2007: "Live through this, and you won't look back."

No comments:

Post a Comment