Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Song of the Day, 4/27/11

It is Wednesday. And today I'd like to bring you some Beat Connection. They self describe themselves as some combination of Tropical Psychedelic Disco Electro Pop, and I'd probably describe them as Post Chillwave Dance Music. Both of those mean absolutely nothing, and probably don't represent their music at all.

Their record Surf Noir came out on April 12th, and it opens with some of aesthetic qualities that remind me a little bit of the Animal Collective/Grizzly Bear sounds I'm getting suuuuuuper tired of. But then it grows. And has a beat. And samples. And some air. The record has a great build to it - and listening to it feels like clearing my palate.

They've got some tracks from the record (and some other stuff) up on Soundcloud:

Here's Track 01 - Sunburn
01 Sunburn by Beat Connection

Here's Track 04 (which I really like) - Theme from Yours Truly.
04 Theme From Yours Truly by Beat Connection


And imagine getting from here to there. Yup, dig it. Totally dig it.

No comments:

Post a Comment