Saturday, February 26, 2011

Song of the Day - Catch Up Post

Okay, so, I've had a really bad week. One that keeps getting worse! It's pretty awesome! So I've fallen behind on maintaining this. Yeah. I know.

I'm hoping though, as SxSW gets closer, maybe I'll accelerate! You never know! Maybe you'll get some pretty hot updates from SxSW!



Anyways, this week I can at least tell you about a couple of records I've been heavily enjoying. Both of which came out recently.


First, I want to recommend the new Cave Singers record, No Witch.



It came out earlier this week, and it's a solid followup to their first two records. They're taking their mellow folksy sound and pushing it a little bit. The album has a really great build up of tension and energy, and about halfway through it I was questioning whether or not I was still listening to the Cave Singers. It's great. Give it a listen.



The other record I want to point y'all at is the new Say Hi record. (I think I've posted this video once before, I'm too lazy to look up whether or not I have.)



Anyways, the whole record is good. Start to finish. Perfect for your shitty week at work. Really. I promise.

Plus, they're all really nice dudes. Unlike the waiter-dude at this restaurant I'm at right now. I've only been coming here a few times a month for a year, have been tipping well, and I am generally unoffensive - and he still goes out of his to be rude to me. UGH.

No comments:

Post a Comment