Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Song of the Day, 2/16/11

Oh hello!

So today I want to talk about Mogwai. They have a new album out this week on Sub Pop, with an awesome title: Hardcore Will Never Die But You Will.

YESS.



So today's song(s) of the day are the two free tracks that are stream-able courtesy of Sub Pop off of Hardcore Will Never Die But You Will. Head on over and consume!!


I'm still forming my initial impressions of this record, but to me it feels like Mogwai is still Mogwai. I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing, but it's not a new exciting innovative knock your socks off kind of thing.

I know I haven't been super diligent on this blog about posting 2011 music, but it's because nothing has really blown my socks off yet. Nothing has even teased my socks this year.

(Campfire OK's record I like a lot, as I do Bright Eye's, but we all more or less knew they were coming, and exactly what was coming - solid albums, not sock knockers or teasers. You know?)




But just the same, you should check out the Mogwai. It's thick, meaty, and enjoyable. MMM.

No comments:

Post a Comment