Thursday, February 17, 2011

Song of the Day 2/17/2011

The Builders and The Butchers - Black Dresses

It's a while since I've been to a show on a weeknight and it's virtually unprecedented for my wife to come out with me (more about this in another article), but tonight was special - this show was really close to our house and it was The Builders and The Butchers who are fucking awesome. They play a kind of stompy, old-timey, Americana without any irony or winking. They're authentic like Johnny Cash. There's no distance between them and the music that they need to play. They're authentic like Slayer. So we drove down to the venue and it was plastered in signs that said "Sold Out".

Fucking. Hell.

I rarely buy tickets in advance because things I like almost never sell out (The Hold Steady excepted). That all changes right now. On our way back I went to Sonic Boom and bought physical paper tickets for Eugene Mirman. I will not allow any more preventable disappointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment