Friday, December 30, 2011

Song of the Day, 12/30/2011

Okay, I sort of sucked at keeping the momentum going for this for the whole year. But it's been AWESOME to look back over this and see all of this stuff - and it's been super helpful as I've been trying to organize a Top Songs of 2011 list. So much goodness I forgot about!

So many photos from SxSW! So many posts about the Fleet Foxes!

I'm trying to put together my list on Spotify, and so far one of my greatest frustrations is what *isn't* available. I think my favorite song of the past year, one that I've listened to again and again, is The Round by Pickwick. This band, is worth seeing a million times over. They started as an alt-country band and got bored, and decided to get some soul.



Originally, they released The Round at a few other songs on 7" only - I have them. They're like candy. They're recording a full length early next year, and I CANNOT wait to hear it.

Another someone I think you're going to hear more about this next year is Bryan John Appleby (maybe just from me):

The 2011 Doe Bay Sessions - Bryan John Appleby from Sound on the Sound on Vimeo.



.... Maybe I should just do a top 10 as a blog post....

No comments:

Post a Comment