Thursday, June 23, 2011

Song of the day 6/23/2011

Another missed week of blogging. I am ok. I hope you all didn't faint from worry. There’s a lot going on for me at the moment, I’m mainly fixing bugs (or at least staring blankly at misbehaving code and shrugging which is almost the same thing), there’s been a huge injection of very good standup comedy that I absolutely must consume (Live, TV, podcasts and Netflix and oh my fucking god Andy Kindler is coming back to Seattle) and I’m trying to buy a new amplifier to expunge the spectre of Peavey from my band. Things are all happening.

Sugar – If I Can’t Change Your Mind

(I still haven’t justified the “let’s drown some lady” theme in A Good Idea – so I’ll go with this one).

More early nineties indie rock. I don’t accept the notion that there is other music. Ever late to the party I got this record eleven years after it came out following a horrible breakup (really, the kind with multiple, bloody exit wounds, the painful learning experience kind) – this, on repeat and gin and tonics on repeat got me through that. I like all the melodies and harmonies. I like the guitar and drum sounds. I like how this is what Husker Du would sound like if they were more commercial. And the scales at the end – YES!

Good God Bob Mould looks young in this video. Wikipedia tells me that the band Train covered this song. Train can fuck off.

All your problems are over when you listen to this record, it’s 44 minutes 58 seconds of respite.

Thanks Sugar. Thanks alcohol.

No comments:

Post a Comment